The Intermedia concentration gives students the freedom to craft their own path within the Visual Arts curriculum, allowing for breadth while also requiring depth and mastery in more than one area of emphasis. Today’s rapidly changing professional environment demands that artists and designers have an expanded toolbox, and the Intermedia concentration fosters intellectual and technical flexibility for students who desire to develop skills in a variety of media. Working closely with their faculty advisors, students formulate a coherent sequence of courses choosing from four of the five existing Visual Arts Studio concentrations (Animation/Interactive Media, Cinematic Arts, Graphic Design, Photography, Print Media).
Throughout the Intermedia program, students are encouraged and expected to develop their own artistic voice through exploration of media and critical review of their work. Intermedia students culminate their unique exploration in ART489 Senior Projects, thereby providing the opportunity to combine their areas of interest in a self-directed capstone project.
// About Our New Website
// Current News
- The Glass Knife Exhibition at AOK Library
- Viviana Cordova's Cross-Discipline Design Class
- Nick Prevas '03 New Position with Ravens
- IMDA alumnus Jaimes Mayhew & Rahne Alexander Awarded Fellowship
- Media Job Opening at JHU
- BMA Selects Baltimore Artists Rahne Alexander & Jaimes Mayhew for one-year Commons Collaboration
- Maryland State Arts Council Announces Individual Artist Award Recipients
- New BFA Degree in Design
- New Video Channel on Vimeo