Faculty & Staff
410-455-2517 FA 108B
Guenet Abraham began her career as a book designer at Pantheon Books, Random House, and as senior designer for W.W. Norton in New York City. Her work is recognized and acknowledged by national organizations such as the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), American Association of Museums (AAM), and University College & Designers Association (UCDA).
In concert with her philosophy as an educator who teaches typography, graphic design, and visual communication, Abraham maintains an active design practice and continues to consult for publishers, including Simon & Schuster, Doubleday, St. Martin’s Press, Hyperion, Viking, and New Press. She also develops identity and branding systems, promotional materials, and publication designs for a range of institutional clients. Her intent is to create visual language that speaks to contemporary audiences with impact and appeal.
She recently organized a symposium, “Design for Community,” at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Premier designers featured at the community forum included Sheila Levrant de Bretteville, Wendy Brawer, Sylvia Harris, Chris Pullman, and Mark Randall.
Guenet Abraham is a member of the University College & Designers Association Education Committee, and a past chair of the Education Committee of the AIGA Baltimore Chapter.
Professor Abraham received her M.F.A. in graphic design at the Yale School of Art.
// About Our New Website
// Current News
- IMDA alumnus Jaimes Mayhew & Rahne Alexander Awarded Fellowship
- Media Job Opening at JHU
- BMA Selects Baltimore Artists Rahne Alexander & Jaimes Mayhew for one-year Commons Collaboration
- Maryland State Arts Council Announces Individual Artist Award Recipients
- New BFA Degree in Design
- New Video Channel on Vimeo
- Octava @ Boston University
- Octava performs with River Oaks Chamber Orchestra
- Smallwood/Dusman on NPR's Here and Now
- Victor Torres IMDA MFA Directs Gallery
// Current Events
- Cliff Evans IMDA '16 Video Screening
- Lightstruck Film Festival
- (im)Permanent Landscapes
- Matter, Energy, Human
- Robert Pawloski Screenplay Finalist
- IMDA Thesis Exhibition
- Cathy Cook On Panel Discussion
- Light City Baltimore
- Sarah Sharp Curates NY Armory Week Exhibition
- Calla Thompson & Cathy Cook at VisArts At Rockville
- Timothy Nohe Exhibition at Kuhn Library Gallery
- Vin Grabill's New Video