Faculty & Staff
410-455-3530 FA 340A
Cathy Cook is a filmmaker who worked in New York City for 11 years as an art director and production designer in the film/TV industry. She has exhibited her award-winning work extensively in both solo and group shows, including screenings at MOMA and the Whitney Museum. Cook’s media works are in the permanent collections of the Donnell Library (NYC), Princeton University, National Library of Australia (Canberra) and the NYU Film Library, among others.
Cook has received numerous awards and fellowships, including a 2001, Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship, and grants from the New York State Council of the Arts, the Experimental Television Center, the Jerome Foundation (Film in the Cities) and the Wisconsin Arts Board. Her research includes working in film, video, poetry films and installation. Cook’s 2008 film, Immortal Cupboard: In Search of Lorine Niedecker, is an hour-long, experimental documentary that explores her responses to the poetry and life of Lorine Niedecker.
Professor Cook holds an M.F.A. in film/video and women studies from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, as well as B.F.As in both Inter-Arts and Art.
// About Our New Website
// Current News
// Current Events
- Charlotte Keniston at Maryland Art Place
- Steve Bradley Inter-Media Art at Maryland Art Place
- Lynn Cazabon In Exhibition at Castle Gallery
- Undergrad Carlyn Thomas Curates Show at Gallery 788
- Tim Nohe in Clifton Park Exhibition
- Visual Arts Alumna Pilar Rau '96 At URCAD
- Lynn Cazabon & Neal McDonald's Junkspace Showing in Poland
- 2013 MFA Thesis Exhibition
- Visiting Artists & Designers Lectures
- Lynn Cazabon Uncultivated in Group Exhibition
- Lisa Moren Lectures in Montreal
- Lynn Cazabon Exhibition at Georgetown U
- John Sturgeon Lecture in Glasgow, Scotland