Faculty & Staff
410-455-3589 ITE 106
Eric Dyer is an experimental animator and artist. His award-winning films have screened internationally at festivals including the Black Maria Film Festival, the Ann Arbor Film Festival, Festival des Cinémas Différents de Paris, Ottawa International Animation Festival, and Sundance Film Festival. His work has also been exhibited at the Exploratorium, the Hirschhorn, the Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, Anthology Film Archives, and the American Academy in Rome. His music videos have aired on MTV, MTV Europe, The Box, and B.E.T., and his professional animation work has aired on PBS, the Discovery Channel, and Fox International among others. In 2005, he was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship.
In 2004, he created a commissioned, synchronous film for the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. Dyer’s recent projects explore the use of zoetropes and 2-D/3-D digital printouts as filmmaking tools.
Professor Dyer received his B.A. from the University of Maryland Baltimore County and his M.F.A. from the Mount Royal School of Art, Maryland Institute College of Art.
// About Our New Website
// Current News
- The Glass Knife Exhibition at AOK Library
- Viviana Cordova's Cross-Discipline Design Class
- Nick Prevas '03 New Position with Ravens
- IMDA alumnus Jaimes Mayhew & Rahne Alexander Awarded Fellowship
- Media Job Opening at JHU
- BMA Selects Baltimore Artists Rahne Alexander & Jaimes Mayhew for one-year Commons Collaboration
- Maryland State Arts Council Announces Individual Artist Award Recipients
- New BFA Degree in Design
- New Video Channel on Vimeo