Faculty & Staff
Animation & Interactive Media
410-455-2581 FA 338
Neal McDonald is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Visual Arts. He teaches game development and computer animation. He earned an M.F.A.
as well as an M.S. in Computer and Information Science from Ohio State University. He is from
West Texas, which is, of course, the northern part.
He began his career making computer animations; he has shown in SIGGRAPH '95, the Wexner Center, the Corcoran Gallery, and in venues in Europe, Japan, and Australia. Using the same skills to make prints, he has won regional and national awards.
Professor McDonald has also been active in game development, both digital and
otherwise. He led a multimillion-dollar project that licensed the game
Half-Life and converted it to a virtual mall, and he has since developed multiple
products for several different platforms, including 8 apps on the Apple App store.
Professor McDonald considers his work equal parts high art, entrepreneurship, and social commentary, exploring the ways that art exists (and is forced to exist) in America. He speaks in local and international venues about games, technology and culture.
// About Our New Website
// Current News
// Current Events
- Christine Ferrera IMDA Alumna ('10) Solo Show
- Eric Dyer's films at the Asheville Art Museum
- Eric Smallwood Exhibition at VisArts Rockville
- Charlotte Keniston at Maryland Art Place
- Steve Bradley Inter-Media Art at Maryland Art Place
- Lynn Cazabon In Exhibition at Castle Gallery
- Undergrad Carlyn Thomas Curates Show at Gallery 788
- Tim Nohe in Clifton Park Exhibition
- Visual Arts Alumna Pilar Rau '96 At URCAD