Faculty & Staff
Graduate Program Director
410-455-2490 ITE 110A1 FA 328
Lisa Moren is an artist whose site-derived work explores domestic spaces from interior rituals to the exterior community. She intersects new media of video, audio, sensors, motors, and interactivity, with drawing, prints, casting, wax and installation. Her intermedia projects include Lemons making their own Lemon Meringue Pie, la_alma, Récord, Recórd, recollection, and DIMINUMENTS. Her work is exhibited and presented nationally and internationally at venues such as Ars Electronica, Akademie der Kunste, ZKM—Center for Art and Media, KunstRadio, [mama] Net Culture Club, Moderna Galerija Ljubljana, C3 Center for Culture and Communication, Walter Philips Gallery, Cranbrook Art Museum, and an upcoming exhibition at the Chelsea Art Museum in New York City.
She has received numerous awards and fellowships, including a 2003, National Endowment for the Arts, and in 2006, a J. William Fulbright Senior Scholar Award, Czech Republic. She has published intermedia research in her curatorial books Command Z: Artists working with Phenomena & Technology, and Intermedia: The Dick Higgins Collection, in Performance Research, Darlington, England, and in Visible Language, Providence, Rhode Island and Inter Art Actual, Montreal.
Professor Moren holds a B.F.A. in Visual Communications and Printmaking from Syracuse University and an M.F.A. in Printmaking and Sculpture from Cranbook Academy of Art.
// About Our New Website
// Current News
- The Glass Knife Exhibition at AOK Library
- Viviana Cordova's Cross-Discipline Design Class
- Nick Prevas '03 New Position with Ravens
- IMDA alumnus Jaimes Mayhew & Rahne Alexander Awarded Fellowship
- Media Job Opening at JHU
- BMA Selects Baltimore Artists Rahne Alexander & Jaimes Mayhew for one-year Commons Collaboration
- Maryland State Arts Council Announces Individual Artist Award Recipients
- New BFA Degree in Design
- New Video Channel on Vimeo