Faculty & Staff
Director, CIRCA (Center for Innovative Research in the Creative Arts)
410-455-2151 PAHB 223 FA 336
Timothy Nohe is an artist and educator engaging traditional and electronic media in daily life and public places. His recent work has been realized in Intermedia works, sound scores for dance and video, improvisational concert works, and art focused on sustainability and place.
Nohe was the recipient of a 2006 Fulbright Senior Scholar Award from the Australian – American Fulbright Commission and an Australian – American Fulbright Commission Fulbright Alumni Initiative Grant in 2011. Four Maryland State Arts Council awards have supported his work in the area of Music Composition, Non-Clasical; Media; New Genre and Installation/Sculpture. Nohe has also been recognized with a Creative Baltimore Award.
Timothy is is an active member of a number of professional organizations, including: the Society of Electro-Acoustic Music in the United States (SEAMUS), the Electronic Music Foundation (EMF), and the College Art Association (CAA).
He is the Founding Director of the Center for Innovation, Research and Creativity in the Arts [CIRCA] and a tenured Professor of Visual Arts at UMBC. Nohe has strong ties to Australia, where he serves as an Adjunct Professor at La Trobe University, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; as an Artists in Residence at the Centre for Creative Arts at La Trobe University, and on the editorial board of the peer-reviewed journal Unlikely, based in Melbourne.
Professor Nohe holds a degree in visual art from the University of California San Diego (M.F.A.), and in photography from the Maryland Institute College of Art (B.F.A.).
// About Our New Website
// Current News
- BMA Selects Baltimore Artists Rahne Alexander & Jaimes Mayhew for one-year Commons Collaboration
- Maryland State Arts Council Announces Individual Artist Award Recipients
- New BFA Degree in Design
- New Video Channel on Vimeo
- Octava @ Boston University
- Octava performs with River Oaks Chamber Orchestra
- Smallwood/Dusman on NPR's Here and Now
- Victor Torres IMDA MFA Directs Gallery
// Current Events
- Cliff Evans IMDA '16 Video Screening
- Lightstruck Film Festival
- (im)Permanent Landscapes
- Matter, Energy, Human
- Robert Pawloski Screenplay Finalist
- IMDA Thesis Exhibition
- Cathy Cook On Panel Discussion
- Light City Baltimore
- Sarah Sharp Curates NY Armory Week Exhibition
- Calla Thompson & Cathy Cook at VisArts At Rockville
- Timothy Nohe Exhibition at Kuhn Library Gallery
- Vin Grabill's New Video