Faculty & Staff
410-455-3525 FA 349
Calla Thompson’s art practice includes work with digital photography using montage techniques, as well as drawing and installation. In her work, she examines the ways that power is enacted in our culture. She has exhibited throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in South America. Solo exhibitions in Toronto include Gallery 44, The Centre for Contemporary Photography, and Open Studio Gallery. She also exhibited solo in New York at Soho 20. Her group exhibitions include those at the Herbert F. Johnson Museum at Cornell University, the International Photography Biennial by invitation of the Centro Colombo Americano de Medellin in Columbia, The Delaware Center for Contemporary Art, the Arlington Arts Center in Virginia, The Painted Bride Arts Center in Philadelphia, the Everson Museum of Art in Syracuse, and the Korean Cultural Center Gallery of Los Angeles.
Thompson was recognized for her artwork twice by the federal granting body, Canada Council for the Arts, and has been awarded residencies, including those at Yaddo Artist Colony in Saratoga Springs, and Cooper Union in New York City.
Professor Thompson holds degrees in photography from Syracuse University (M.F.A.) and from the University of Ottawa (Canada) (B.F.A.).
// About Our New Website
// Current News
- The Glass Knife Exhibition at AOK Library
- Viviana Cordova's Cross-Discipline Design Class
- Nick Prevas '03 New Position with Ravens
- IMDA alumnus Jaimes Mayhew & Rahne Alexander Awarded Fellowship
- Media Job Opening at JHU
- BMA Selects Baltimore Artists Rahne Alexander & Jaimes Mayhew for one-year Commons Collaboration
- Maryland State Arts Council Announces Individual Artist Award Recipients
- New BFA Degree in Design
- New Video Channel on Vimeo