Faculty & Staff
410-455-3525 FA 411
Calla Thompson’s art practice includes work with digital photography using montage techniques, as well as drawing and installation. In her work, she examines the ways that power is enacted in our culture. She has exhibited throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in South America. Solo exhibitions in Toronto include Gallery 44, The Centre for Contemporary Photography, and Open Studio Gallery. She also exhibited solo in New York at Soho 20. Her group exhibitions include those at the Herbert F. Johnson Museum at Cornell University, the International Photography Biennial by invitation of the Centro Colombo Americano de Medellin in Columbia, The Delaware Center for Contemporary Art, the Arlington Arts Center in Virginia, The Painted Bride Arts Center in Philadelphia, the Everson Museum of Art in Syracuse, and the Korean Cultural Center Gallery of Los Angeles.
Thompson was recognized for her artwork twice by the federal granting body, Canada Council for the Arts, and has been awarded residencies, including those at Yaddo Artist Colony in Saratoga Springs, and Cooper Union in New York City.
Professor Thompson holds degrees in photography from Syracuse University (M.F.A.) and from the University of Ottawa (Canada) (B.F.A.).
// About Our New Website
// Current News
// Current Events
- Charlotte Keniston at Maryland Art Place
- Steve Bradley Inter-Media Art at Maryland Art Place
- Lynn Cazabon In Exhibition at Castle Gallery
- Undergrad Carlyn Thomas Curates Show at Gallery 788
- Tim Nohe in Clifton Park Exhibition
- Visual Arts Alumna Pilar Rau '96 At URCAD
- Lynn Cazabon & Neal McDonald's Junkspace Showing in Poland
- 2013 MFA Thesis Exhibition
- Visiting Artists & Designers Lectures
- Lynn Cazabon Uncultivated in Group Exhibition
- Lisa Moren Lectures in Montreal
- Lynn Cazabon Exhibition at Georgetown U
- John Sturgeon Lecture in Glasgow, Scotland